Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The world's best love songs.

I'm a rock fan and to me, love songs are all about the strumming guitars and lyrics. I don't care whether the guy can sing to a tune or not. Lyrics are above all else. They are what I connect with.

Why am I on about love songs? I don't know. Maybe because I had coffee in the morning with my girlfriend after 7 months and found myself wishing I could do this forever.

Maybe because in 7 years of being together, we've been with each other for only 8-10 months and I really hope you have no idea what that is like.

Or maybe I'm just tired with all the travelling and working around the clock and this music is right now really getting to me and I mean in a good way.

Anyway, here goes the list in no particular order. Click on it for links to lyrics incase you haven't heard them. These are quite possibly the world's best love songs ever.

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Sting - Fields of gold
Dire Straits - Love over gold
Dire Straits - Romeo & Juliet
Elvis Presley - Cant help falling in love
U2 - Unchained melody

G'N'R - Patience
G'N'R - Don't Cry
Rabbi - Tere Bin
Ronan Keating - If Tomorrow Never Comes
Robert Miles - One and One

AeroSmith I don't wanna miss a thing
Euphoria - Tum
Euphoria - Ab Na Jaa
Euphoria - Mehfuz
Pearl Jam - Last Kiss

And a last minute entry, listen to Mitwa from Kabhi Alvida.. sure, the movie absolutely sucks but listen, REALLY LISTEN to this song and you'll see why I think its brilliant.

Kabhi Alvida - Mitwa

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post of yours btw and I am not even sure if you will ever see this comment.

    I am in love with this guy who makes Mitwa come alive for me. I am so happy that you have written about your gf so beautifully :)

    Shall listen to all the songs and read the lyrics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) i am madly in love with her ;) i can never do justice when i talk about her. she is just really awesome :)

      Delete